Masters swimmer Jo Corben inspired the next generation of swimmers by showing them her world record certificates and European Championship medals.
Children in our Learn to Swim programme were able to wear the medals and meet Jo after their classes at Fareham Leisure Centre.
Jo said: “It was great to meet the future stars of the club and have the opportunity to watch them in the water.”
Jo’s achievements include:
- Current British record holder in 200m backstroke (35–39)
- Current British record holder in 100m and 200m backstroke (40–44)
- Current British record holder in 50m, 100m and 200m backstroke (45–49)
- Current European record holder 100m backstroke (45–49 years)
- Current European record 200m backstroke (40–44 and 45–49 years)
- Former European record 200m backstroke (30–34 years)
- 2 x gold medals in 100m and 200m backstroke (45–49 years) at European Masters Championships in London 2016
- Former world record holder in 100m backstroke (45–49 years)
- Current world record holder in 200m backstroke (45–49 years)
Head coach John Molyneaux said: “It’s great to be able to share in such achievements from the top level down. We hope that Jo’s success and passion will inspire the next generation to enjoy and succeed in swimming.”